Close-Up Up Close Vol 3 by Joshua Jay
Joshua Jay has been busy.
He has performed or lectured in over thirty countries and on national television. He wrote two best-selling books on magic and has been the monthly trick editor for MAGIC magazine for over three years.
He has won numerous national and international magic awards, including the Las Vegas World Seminar. He has completed two sold-out runs of his one-man show, At Home On Stage.
And, as of this moment, he's tipping it all.
Volume 3 Volume 3 explores Joshua's favorite genre: formal card magic. It's Joshua Jay, a deck of cards, and an astounded audience. The range of effects is equaled only by the range of methods Joshua uses a clever blend of subtlety, sleight-of-hand, and gaffs for maximum impact. Also included is a detailed study of Triumph, the Bluff Pass, and extra footage of Joshua's gambling expos鬠shot in a live theater.
- Trumped Triumph: A Triumph routine with an unbelievable climax. This utilizes a fascinating principle and other ideas are included by Darwin Ortiz and Karl Heinn.
- Silent Card Routine (performance only): See the formal, elegant, six-minute opening of Joshua's one-man show, shot live in front of the usual sold-out theater.
- Triple Thought-of Card: Three thought-of cards. No questions asked. No preparation. No gimmicked cards. No sleights. Three thought-of cards. Works every time.
- Back in Time: Joshua's workhorse Triumph routine. The presentation, the structure, the sleights, the timing its all worked out, ready to become your go-to card routine.
- Pseudo Centers Transpo: Who said everything had to be easy? If you're willing to put in the time, this routine will have your audience convinced you?re a master mechanic.
- Overlap Hitchcock: A squeaky-clean assembly routine with a surprise kicker. Utilizes Joshua's ingenious Overlap gaff.
- Bluff Shifts: Joshua's work on the Bluff Shift is raising eyebrows from magic's top practitioners. You'll learn three counter-intuitive approaches.
- Plus: Triumph in Aces, Paradise Aces, The Book Cut, D骠 vu Collectors, and Joshua's thirteen-minute gambling expose' shot live at his one-man show.
- Extra Feature - Gambling Photos: Joshua's gallery exhibition of sleight-of-hand, depicted close-up?a combination of photography and magic.