Andrew Mayne presents five eye-popping, mind-blowing effects that will have your audiences on the edge of their seats and ducking for cover. All are easy to learn and perform. Andrew shares some of his personal secrets for the first time.
- POP FIST - Create an explosive opening using your bare hands. A simple effect that's ready to go whenever you need to make a big impression and create your own close-up pyrotechnic display.
- DRAWN FROM THE LIGHT - Draw a light bulb and make it come to life. A light bulb is drawn on a sketch pad. With a wave it comes to life and lights up. You then pull the lit bulb from the pad into reality.
- DEATH FINGER - Stab a marked card in mid-air with your finger. A spectator selects a card and marks it. The card is then lost in the deck. You spring the cards into the air and stab their card with your bare finger.
- FINGER SAW - Perform an impromptu finger amputation with playing cards. Got a couple Jokers left in the pack? Use them to perform a gruesome close-up illusion that recreates the classic sawing a lady in half.
- STAB'D - Deadly impromptu mentalism using a sharpened pencil. Andrew's impromptu version of the infamous mentalism effect that's scarred many performers. A sharpened pencil is mixed up in one of three envelopes. A spectator is given a total free choice to decide which ones are empty (no magician's choice!). You stab the first selection into your chest and are unharmed. You slam the spectator's hand into the second and they're unscathed. You then rip open the last envelope to reveal the deadly pencil. While there are more expensive versions of this effect on the market, many who have seen Andrew’s version feel it's the best because it doesn't use any odd props, has an extra gritty feel due to the use of a sharpened pencil, can be performed on a moment’s notice and is possibly the safest variation out there using a real sharp object.
Running Time Approximately 27min